Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Easiest, Most Delicious Soup

I make this soup almost every Sunday and my husband LOVES it! We eat it all week long for lunch and a good soup before dinner. It freezes well.

Italian Wedding Soup

1/2 cup of olive oil, 2 onions, 8 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley (I often forget to pick this up at the store so I go without it), 2 10 oz packages of frozen spinach, 3 15 oz cans of cannelini beans, 4 bouillon cubes, 5 cups of water, 2 tsp of oregano, 1 tsp of basil

you can also add grated parmesan cheese on top when serving, but we leave that off

Heat the oil in a large pot. Lightly brown the onions, garlic, and parsley and saute for about five minutes. Add the spinach , beans, water, and boullion cubes, oregano, and basil and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes (I let it simmer for about 30 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment