Friday, May 15, 2009

CAKE BALLS!

These are AMAZING. My mom made them for Mothers' Day (yeah that's right, she cooked for her own day) and my friend Lauren made them for an FRG meeting at Ft. Hood and said all the army wives LOVED them. I haven't tried to make them yet, but I hear they are a little messy, but easy. I think I'm going to try to make them in July for a friend's wedding shower:

- Make a cake (any flavor you want)
- Once you take the cake out of the oven and it is still warm, crumble it up
- Once crumbled, add a container of icing to the cake and stir it up (still, whatever flavor icing you want)
- Once the icing is all mixed up with the crumbled cake, make the cake into small balls (you can use a melon baller or an ice cream scoop) - make them about the size of donut holes
- REFRIGERATE the balls until they are firm
- Once the cake balls are firm, you can do just about anything with them: dip them in chocolate and roll in sprinkles, or dip them in white chocolate and drizzle with brown chocolate, dip in brown chocolate and then roll in coconut....be as creative as you would like. Remember, if you use coconut, you can always use food coloring and make it a different color other than white. If it's for a baby shower, make pink and blue coconut, etc.

BE CREATIVE! I love a good theme party!

1 comment:

  1. These are really good! One of my students would bring me a box for every holiday and occasion. They look so fancy too when you decorate them. My favorite are chocolate cake that are white chocolate dipped with milk chocolate drizzled over. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete